dashain

                                                    Dashain

We celebrate dashain for fifteen days.  Ghatasthapana is one of the most important days on the Nepali calendar. It comes each year in late September to early October. It literally means installing a pot which symbolizes Goddess Shakti. On the first day, we spreaded Barley over the sand. When it grows, the young plant is called jamara which is used in the main day tika. We worshipped Goddess Durga Bhawani on that day, I went for dashain shopping with my parents.

Image result for fulpati Fulpati is also known as the day of flowers. Maha Astami or the kala ratri day follows the Fulpati. On that day, I went to Sankhu and Sankata temple with my family to worship the God and Goddess. At night we brought phulpati inside our house. We celebrated phulpati in a great way. All the members of my house were together and enjoyed by playing cards and eating very delicious food items.  



Image result for sacrificing goat
The 8th day of dashain is called ASTAMI which is also known as “kalaratri”. On that day the goat was sacrified at our house. The 9th day of dashain is known as nawami which is also called “Panchabali”. It is the last day of   Navratri. Similarly, on that day I went to temple with my family.  


The 10th day of dashain is the most important day of all, which is also called tika day. On that day my elders gave me blessings of long life and prosperity by marking tika on my forehead and jamara on the head. I went to my maternal uncle’s house. I played swing and ate many delicious foods. I also played card with my brothers and sisters. 







Comments